Sunday 7 August 2011

Pate a Choux = Eclairs

So, like I said before, I am mostly self taught, but am definitely still learning! I have a couple days off this week and my goal is to make some eclairs. These pastries are basically pate a choux (choux pastry - same pastry is used to make cream puffs) piped out and filled with a pastry cream, topped with chocolate, of course! Seems challenging, but I think it's easier than it looks! I have never made these before, but have enjoyed them in the past. To date, the best ones I've had come from a little shop called 'Beard Papa's', located right here in lovely Vancouver! Anyways, I'll leave this short and sweet and next time you hear from me, hopefully I'll have indulged in my own homemade eclairs...wish me luck! (**Will share recipe and techniques later**) For the record, don't ever hesitate to challenge me with anything!

1 comment: